torsdag 28. april 2011

Chen Chien-Jen art-show at 3,14!

In this assignment I am going to talk about an art from the artist Chen Chien-Jen. Me and my class went to see his show last week. The show was special group called 3,14 that held the show. They wanted to tell the people in Bergen how it felt in Taiwan during and after the war in the 1950s.

The exhibition was three short films. All of them where black-white movies. The first one was about a young man who walked in to a factory, which was off limit. Out thru the clip we get to know the inside of the factory. Inside “we” found 3 peoples. (At least that’s who much the man found when I watched it before I had to get going. I don’t know if they found any more peoples later in the film.)

On the second video, there were a lot of women. They where all talking about how hard it was to be married to some one from China. The battles between Taiwan and China where pretty tight. The government did barely believe that the marriages where true. I don’t know why, but they did.

On the third video, I didn’t get the point. It was many women who were sewing. But then they where sleeping, and then all the women were gone.

I personally think the “show” was unbelievable boring. I have never seen anything like it. I can’t really explain why. I understood the exhibition. It was about racism, no free speech and war. (I think, that's what it seemed like.) But I did not like it. It was too long clips. All of the films where on slow motion, and was more boring that it was interesting. So I would not tell anyone to go there. 

That's what I think.
 - Later!

Ingen kommentarer: